JavaScript Kit | CodingForums.com

Thursday, June 16, 2005

'blogito ergo sum'

My next story will involve a Blue Robot, a Marble Doll and myself. It will explore my idea: 'I blog therefore I am' and what the implications of this statement are with regard to our current condition. It will begin at A, though it will skip B and move on to C to take a look at future technology, what I will be calling the 'post technological' era, whose main defining characteristic is the paradigm shift from the human 'I' to the artificial 'I'. I'm not sure at this point if there will be a D involved or not, but what is for sure is that the Blue Robot is a charcter of Herculean importance in this story. At first encounter you might be tempted to brush bot (the fourth gender that comes after he, she and it is 'bot') off as a child's toy; but nothing could be closer to a mistake than that. If anyone should be taken at face value it's the Marble Doll, becasue she will remain largely an ornamental exhibition piece who stirs the occasional comment rift in the narrative. The 'me' in this story is not me, as in I the author of this blog, it is the 'me' that has finally given up all organic and natural constitution of body and mind and has become fully artificial. The narrator (the organic me) is the arbitrator, neither important or unimportant, like the road that lies between the most and least travelled by.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cooper said...

Oh please.... let there be a D involved.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Eat2Live - Michele said...

If there's no D, how will we ever know where the doll came from?

The First Week in Mertle Beach after Spring Break is Senior Week

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site » » »

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home